Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Dream Street

I usually don't read too much into dreams - maybe because I die or come close to death in approximately 90% of the ones I remember.  The strange ones are just that - so strange that I can't comprehend them.  Occasionally, though, I get a DOOZY - and it's one that sticks with me.  For instance...

The other morning, I woke up pissed at my wife.  Not annoyed - PISSED.  I have no idea why.  I had a good night's sleep.  Alcohol was not involved the night before.  Work was not on the agenda, as I was enjoying the weekend.  However - wow...I was UPSET with my better half.  I had dreamt something about her that made me mad...but I could not (and still can not) remember what it was. 

She's been mad at me after dreaming before - including once when she slugged me right above my ear in her sleep (at least she SAID she was asleep...hmmm....), and once when she ripped the leg hair off my body.  That hurt like a muthaf****.  Again, I am taking her at her word that she was indeed asleep.

But I have been able to shrug off her sleep-induced anger.  Common sense finally comes back into the picture, and she realizes that ethereal me wasn't responsible, but corporeal me was indeed a loving, caring husband.  This time, though, I couldn't shake my upsetting feeling.

I need to start writing this stuff down when I wake up.  Trying to remember a dream a few days later is as fruitless as trying to empty the ocean with a thimble.  Maybe tonight I will dream my usual dream of lovely, naked....Marge.

(Bonus points if you caught this last reference.)

No comments:

Post a Comment