Today was a big day. Well, not for you guys - but it was a landmark occasion in my house.
My little girl started preschool today. She's four years old, so we had the option of keeping her back one more year - she's a July birthday, so she's either going to be the youngest kid in her class, or the oldest. I was flip-flopping back and forth, trying to decide if she was ready, then she made the decision for me.
I came home from work one day, and she was playing school. This is not an odd event at our house - in fact, it happens six days out of every week. This time was a bit different though.
Usually, she coerces her younger brother (age two) to be the student. Since he will do ANYTHING she tells him to, loyally and obediently, he was sitting at attention, "learning" the alphabet. Then I noticed her other pupil.
Our dog Turner was sitting there, with his head down, tail between his legs, ears drooping. This stance is usually struck after I've beaten him mercilessly for chewing up the blinds or a hole in the wall - but he was in full "crap, when will they stop yelling at me?" mode right now.
Apparently, he "wasn't paying attention in class" and was getting a good scolding from Miss Raven. My son, Bad News, was laughing his ass off at his furry buddy's misfortune. Then I noticed my spouse was standing in the corner.
"What'd you do?" I asked.
"She put me in timeout for talking during class."
Then, Miss Raven finished admonishing our dog and turned her venom towards me.
"Where's your note?! You're late!"
Dumbfounded, I informed her that I didn't have a note. I got detention.
Yeah - she was ready for school.
No comments:
Post a Comment